Easter is round the corner! And we decided to share some Easter Fun Facts associated with the holiday. Turns out there’s a lot of surprising things about Easter we had no idea about. Read it and share with friends!
- After Halloween, Easter is the biggest candy consuming holiday.
- In the old days pretzels were associated with Easter because the twists of the pretzel were thought to resemble arms crossed in prayer.
- The exchange of Easter eggs goes back to various ancient traditions older than Easter itself in which in springtime eggs were given as a symbol of new life and revival.
- The first chocolate eggs appeared in Germany in the 19th century and remain one of the most popular Easter candies to this day.
- When taking a bite into a chocolate bunny, 76% of Americans prefer to bite off the ears first. 5% eat the feet first and 4% eat the tail.
- Adults prefer milk chocolate (65%) over dark chocolate (27%).
- 86% of Americans would rather have chocolate bunnies than real on Easter.
- Each day in course of the year, 5 million marshmallow chicks and bunnies are produced in preparation for Easter.
- Over 16 billion jelly beans are produced for Easter which is enough to fill an Easter egg the size of a 9-storey building.
- 57% of kids get up at dawn on Easter to see which gifts the Easter bunny brought them.
- 80% of parents carry on the tradition of the Easter bunny and prepare a surprise Easter gift basket filled with goodies for their kids and most all the adults ( 90% !) hope to receive their own Easter treat.
GiftBasketsOverseas.com wishes you a Happy EASTER!!!