Of course, almost everyone has plenty of friends, acquaintances, business associates and even beloved ones who live overseas and would be really happy and touched to hear ‘Happy New Year!’ in their own language… Did you ever wonder how to say Happy New Year in different languages?
We’ve decided to help you and have made up a list where you can find how ‘Happy New Year!’ is said in the most popular languages!
If you also want to send a gift basket for New Year to your nearest and dearest to another country you can visit our website www.giftbasketsoverseas.com, where you can find plenty of holiday gift ideas.
How to say Happy New Year in different languages (list)
- Afghani – Saale Nao Mubbarak
- Albanian – Gezuar Vitin e Ri
- Armenian – Snorhavor Nor Tari
- Arabic – Antum Salimoun
- Chinese – Xin Nian Kuai Le
- Croatian – Sretna Nova Godina
- Czechoslovakia – Scastny Novy Rok
- Danish – Godt Nytår
- Dutch – Gelukkig Nieuwjaar
- Estonians – Head uut aastat
- Finnish – Onnellista Uutta Vuotta
- French – Bonne Annee
- German – Prosit Neujahr
- Greek – Kenourios Chronos
- Hebrew – L’Shannah Tovah
- Hindi – Naye Varsha Ki Shubhkamanyen
- Hungarian – Boldog Ooy Ayvet
- Iranian – Saleh now mobarak
- Iraqi – Sanah Jadidah
- Italian – Felice anno nuovo
- Japanese – Akimashite Omedetto Gozaimasu
- Korea – Saehae Bock Mani ba deu sei yo
- Lithuanian – Laimingu Naujuju Metu
- Norwegian – Godt Nyttår
- Polish – Szczesliwego Nowego Roku
- Romanian – An nou fericit
- Russian – S Novim Godom
- Spanish – Feliz Ano Nuevo
- Turkish – Yeni Yiliniz Kutlu Olsun
- Ukrainian – Shchastlyvoho Novoho Roku
- Vietnamese – Chuc Mung Tan Nien
Now you know how to say Happy New Year in different languages! What’s next?
- Order New Year Gifts to send with your greetings.
- Check our Christmas gifts catalog
- Learn how to say I Love You in different languages
GiftBasketsOverseas is always here to help with your gifts!