We jumped on in. Our team wanted to know more about what our customers are looking for! That’s why, in summer 2019, Gift Baskets Overseas’ sales and marketing team conducted research to understand what exactly is needed for corporate loyalty and employee recognition programs in terms of sustainability and environmental safety.
What is sustainable gift giving and why is it important for corporate clients?
- eco-friendly 100% recyclable packaging;
- gluten-free, vegan, lactose-free gift options available for sending to recipients with sensitivities;
- decreased carbon footprint, especially for long distance international deliveries;
- charitable causes to contribute to;
- positive impact on the local businesses and entrepreneurship.
Not surprisingly, those first three points received mentions from more than 60% of those surveyed. Other points in combinations were mentioned in 20% of interviews. Only 20% of corporate respondents were not concerned about sustainable corporate gifts.
Sustainable corporate gifts: make sure you comply
Sustainable gift giving is becoming a trend which seems likely to only gain greater importance in 2020 and beyond. To be sure that your loyalty program, international employee retention program, and / or client gifting initiatives comply, there is a check list of points to take care of:
- provide eco friendly packaging for the gifts;
- minimize transportation miles and on-route storage demands;
- ensure that recipients with food allergies and sensitivities receive special gifts;
- organize local delivery and processing via local services to support local economies, small business, and entrepreneurship;
- look for gifts that contribute to charitable causes locally and globally.
Get professional help with gifts for your loyalty program
Working on the results from the research, Gift Baskets Overseas’ team launched its sustainable alternatives to gift wrapping initiative across all the major delivery locations we serve.
Now, when sending a corporate gift basket to a client, a partner, or an employee abroad, you can ask for your gift packaging be eco-friendly and recyclable. Then our managers will take care of it for you with regional managers and the delivery service.
When sending a gift to another country, you can be sure that the processing and delivery is accomplished in as little as 2-3 business days locally. Therefore, your order is supporting local business which is especially important in countries with developing economies.
Local processing and delivery also addresses one very serious contemporary concern: climate impact. With online processing and a gift delivery from a local facility, you minimize the distance of actual transportation in times in comparison to the delivery from your country to the recipient’s address. As a result, there is paper waste and carbon footprint minimization as well.
By partnering with Rainforest Trust, Gift Baskets Overseas now contributes funds to the ecological cause of saving rain forests from every purchase of specific baskets. You can make sure that your order donates also by speaking to the gift specialist servicing you.
Now that you know more about sustainable gift giving, what to do next?
- Visit Gift Baskets Overseas Corporate to learn more about our offers;
- Try our Corporate Gift Wizard
- Download the Corporate Gifts Bulk Order Form ;
- See gifts that are a part of our Gifts to Save our Planet project;
- Follow us on LinkedIn to get more updates like this.
Director of Digital Marketing and Strategy for GiftBasketsOverseas passionate about all-things digital, travel, and wellness. Natasha covers some corporate topics and data analytics and research for the GiftBasketsOverseas blog.